Picture this: You’re aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise, the salty breeze in your hair, with the vast ocean stretching endlessly before you. Now, you’re probably thinking, “I’m on vacation, where’s the grub?” Worry not! The culinary journey onboard is just as thrilling as the voyage itself. From the tempting aromas wafting from the main dining room to the delightful surprises at the café promenade, your palate is in for a treat.
And the best part? A wealth of food options is included in your cruise fare. So, whether you’re craving a late-night snack or a lavish three-course meal, Royal Caribbean’s got you covered. Dive into this piece to discover a world of complimentary delights and some fancy paid options to level up your dining game.
Do Royal Caribbean Cruises Include Food in Base Price?
In a nutshell, your Royal Caribbean cruise fare offers a smorgasbord of complimentary eats. But for those extra indulgences? A little extra cash will do the trick! 🥂🍔🌮🍕
Included in the Base Price:
Your main dining room beckons with open arms for breakfast, lunch on sea days, and dinner. Fancy a more casual setting? The Windjammer Cafe, a classic cruise ship buffet, is open for all meals daily. Those midday or midnight cravings? Satiate them at venues like Cafe Promenade, Cafe Latte-tudes, or the pool deck hotspots like El Loco Fresh. Oh, and do pack your appetite for the beach feasts at Perfect Day at CocoCay and Labadee.
Thirsty? Guzzle down tap water, milk, tea, regular coffee, lemonade, iced tea, flavored waters, and even instant hot chocolate. These drinks won’t add an extra dime to your bill!
Not Included in the Base Price:
Now, here’s where it gets a bit specific. While a delightful array of food is on the house, room service comes with a service charge of $7.95 (though your early morning continental breakfast escapes this fee). Care for alcoholic tipples, soda, or fresh-squeezed juices? These will come at an extra cost. But hey, if you’re a drink enthusiast, those beverage packages might just be the golden ticket to saving some bucks.
Complimentary Dining Venues on Any Royal Caribbean Ship
Ready to set sail on a culinary journey without even leaving the ship? Royal Caribbean provides an enticing array of complimentary dining venues on board that cater to every craving. From sophisticated sit-downs to laid-back bites, here’s the rundown on where to dine without spending an extra doubloon.
Main Dining Room
The heart of your dining experience aboard any Royal Caribbean cruise is undeniably the main dining room. This elegant venue radiates with sophisticated charm, making you feel like cruise royalty (pun intended!). Operating times vary but typically it’s open for breakfast, lunch (only on sea days), and the grand affair of dinner.
There are two seating choices available to suit your preference. Traditional Dining offers an authentic cruise dining experience: choose between early or late seating, enjoy the consistency of the same waiters and table mates each night, and relish the ritual. My Time Dining, on the other hand, is all about flexibility. Dine when you desire with the option of reservations. However, you’ll likely have different waiters and tablemates each time.
Almost every mouth-watering item is included in the dining room. However, some upscale items, like certain cuts of steak or lobster, might come at an extra cost. Always check the menu!
Ah, the Windjammer Cafe – a beacon for buffet lovers! This classic cruise ship buffet is open for all meals daily, offering a variety of international dishes to tickle those tastebuds. From Asian stir-fries to Italian pasta and a dessert section that’s heaven for the sweet-toothed, it’s a global culinary trip in itself.
Every morsel in the Windjammer is complimentary, allowing you to pile your plate high with flavors. But remember, while your food cravings are covered, some drinks like alcoholic beverages and soft drinks come at an extra cost.
Grab-And-Go Coffee Shops
Feeling peckish during your strolls? The ship’s grab-and-go coffee shops are perfect for those in-between-meal moments. Each venue has its own special charm:
- Cafe Promenade: Located typically in the heart of the ship’s promenade, this spot offers more than just coffee. You’ll find a tempting array of complimentary pastries, cookies, and sandwiches. The coffee here is basic (and free), but if you’re yearning for a specialty brew, they’ll whip it up for an extra cost.
- Cafe Latte-tudes: As the name suggests, this cafe offers a variety of specialty coffees. Pair your latte or espresso with a selection of complimentary pastries. If you’re looking for that caramel macchiato or double-shot ristretto, remember it might cost a bit extra.
- Cafe Patisserie: A haven for those with a sweet tooth! Dive into a world of delightful pastries, cakes, and treats. While the pastries come at no cost, special drinks, especially those fancy European-style coffees, might have an added fee.
At these venues, most of the pastries, muffins, and sandwiches are on the house. But specialty coffees, those frothy cappuccinos or luscious lattes, might cost you a little extra. It’s always a good idea to check with your barista before ordering.
Pool Deck Quick Food
The ship’s deck isn’t just about the sun and pool – it’s a culinary hotspot! Let’s dive into each venue:
- El Loco Fresh: Sun and salsa, anyone? This venue serves up fresh Mexican fare. Think nachos loaded with toppings, zesty salsas, cheesy quesadillas, and more. All of this comes without any extra cost. If you’re pairing your meal with a margarita or another specialty drink, however, expect an added fee.
- Boardwalk Dog House: A classic spot for the all-American favorites. Choose from a variety of sausages and hot dogs, all at no additional charge. Though your dogs are complimentary, specialty condiments or unique additions might come with a small fee.
- Park Cafe: Nestled away from the hustle and bustle, this is your go-to for fresh salads, sandwiches, and more. Create your own salad, grab a roast beef sandwich, or indulge in various gourmet bites. It’s all on the house! Beverages, on the other hand, especially alcoholic ones, may come at an additional charge.
For the most part, everything on offer is complimentary. You can gobble down nachos, salads, sandwiches, and hot dogs without reaching for your wallet. However, if you opt for a specialty drink to quench your thirst, you might find an additional fee. So, keep those shades on, lounge by the pool, and enjoy some delicious poolside grub! 🌭🍹🏖️
So, whether you’re fresh out of the pool or lounging with a book, these pool deck venues ensure your hunger pangs are always addressed without venturing too far. Cheers to delicious convenience! 🍹🥗🍔🌮
Room Service on Royal Caribbean Ship
There’s nothing quite like lounging in your comfy cabin and having delightful food brought right to your door. Royal Caribbean ensures this luxury is at your fingertips. However, understanding the nitty-gritty of room service can elevate your experience from “just a meal” to “absolute convenience!”
Cost & Gratuity for a Room Service
While the idea of room service might sound exclusive and expensive, Royal Caribbean offers it at a reasonable rate. Any room service order (with the exception of the continental breakfast) will set you back by $7.95 USD per order, per room.
Now, while doing the math, remember that an 18% gratuity is slapped on, taking the total to roughly $9.40. Though not obligatory, if you’re feeling generous or particularly satisfied, it’s a kind gesture to leave a small cash tip (between $1-5) for the crew member delivering your feast.
How to Order Food for Room Service on Royal Caribbean Cruise?
Breakfast enthusiasts, rejoice! Kick-start your day with room service available from 6 AM to 11 AM. But remember, on the day you bid adieu to your ship, this service takes a break. For your morning grub, you’ve got two avenues: either use the handy door hanger menu or dial straight from your stateroom’s telephone.
The former lets you curate your breakfast by selecting items, quantity, and even the delivery time. Simply hang it outside your door before 3 AM, and voilà, breakfast is served! And for the first-timers, if the menu seems MIA on your embarkation day, fret not. Just give your stateroom attendant a nudge, and they’ll have it ready for you.
- Complimentary Continental Breakfast: The hero of early mornings, this limited menu packs a punch. It’s chock-full of toasts, muffins, refreshing fruits, yogurts, and an array of beverages. A notable highlight is that guests residing in the Grand Suite and above enjoy a 24-hour complimentary room service—talk about luxury!
- A Hearty American Breakfast: Maybe cereal doesn’t cut it for you. Enter the American breakfast menu! For $7.95, you get access to a plateful of delights—from scrambled eggs and crispy bacon to fluffy pancakes. Order it alongside your continental breakfast for a hearty meal.
- All-Day Delights: Whether it’s mid-day munchies or late-night cravings, the all-day room service menu, available from 11 AM to 6 AM, has got you covered. Dive into a variety of soups, crispy salads, juicy burgers, and more. And for those with a sweet tooth, don’t skip the dessert section.
Tip: Menus can sometimes change, keeping things fresh and exciting. So always keep an eye out for any delicious new additions!
In essence, whether you’re an early bird or a night owl, Royal Caribbean ensures your hunger is well taken care of, right from the comfort of your cabin. Bon appétit! 🍽️🛏️
What Drinks Are Free on Royal Caribbean Cruises?
Aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise, there’s a drink for every mood and moment. Whether you’re toasting to the sunset on the open sea, quenching your thirst after an invigorating excursion, or sipping on your morning latte, you’ll find a beverage that fits the bill. Dive into the world of drink options available onboard, where convenience meets variety.
Complimentary Beverages on Royal Caribbean Cruises
When you’re onboard, some refreshing beverages come without an additional cost, ensuring you stay hydrated and content throughout your journey. Here’s a list of drinks you can enjoy at no extra charge:
- Tap Water: Clean and filtered for safe consumption.
- Milk: Both regular and variations like skim.
- Tea: Choose from a range of classic and herbal teas.
- Coffee: Regular and decaffeinated versions are available.
- Lemonade: A tangy thirst quencher.
- Iced Tea: A classic cold beverage.
- Flavored Waters: A splash of taste in pure water.
- Juices: Available during breakfast, though not fresh-squeezed.
- Instant Hot Chocolate: For those cooler evenings or mornings.
Paid Beverages on Royal Caribbean Cruises
For those special occasions or when you’re in the mood to treat yourself, there’s a bevy of beverages that come with an extra charge. Here’s a glimpse:
- Alcoholic Drinks: From exquisite wines to refreshing cocktails and quality spirits.
- Soda: With a variety of flavors to choose from.
- Freshly Squeezed Juices: A burst of freshness in every sip.
- Premium Coffees and Teas: For the connoisseur in you.
- Bottled Water: For those who prefer it over tap.
Yet, instead of paying as you go, Royal Caribbean offers a solution for frequent drinkers – Beverage Packages.
How Much Are the Beverage Packages on Royal Caribbean Cruises?
These tailored packages range from the simple Water Package, ideal for those who love their bottled water, to the all-encompassing Deluxe Beverage Package which covers a vast spectrum of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
The primary value of these packages lies in their convenience and potential cost savings. Rather than keeping tabs on each drink’s price, you pay a fixed daily rate. The real question is, based on your drinking habits, will you consume enough to justify the package price?
For instance, if you’re going to drink more than four sodas a day, the Soda Package might be a perfect fit. Evaluating your preferences and daily consumption can help in making an informed decision.
Here’s a quick rundown of the prices:
- Water Package: Perfect for those who prefer bottled over tap.
- 12 bottles: $39
- 24 bottles: $69
- Soda Package: Ideal for avid soda drinkers. Priced at $12.99 per person per day, it includes unlimited refills with a souvenir Coca-Cola cup and access to Freestyle soda machines available on 18 ships.
- Refreshment Package: A comprehensive non-alcoholic package priced at $29 per person per day. Covers an array of beverages, from still/sparkling water, sodas (with Freestyle cup), and mocktails to premium coffees/teas and freshly squeezed juices. Note: Shakes at Johnny Rockets are excluded.
- Deluxe Beverage Package: The ultimate drink package. Ranging between $56 to $105 per person per day, depending on the ship and the trip’s duration, this package incorporates everything from the Refreshment Package and adds alcoholic drinks to the mix, covering cocktails, spirits, liquors, beer, and wine. Additional perks include discounts on wine bottles.
Each package price excludes an automatic 18% gratuity. The gratuities, however, are included in the advertised cost of the package. It’s also worth noting that beverage package prices can fluctuate, and Royal Caribbean occasionally offers promotions or discounts, especially around events like Black Friday. To ensure you’re getting the best value, always check for current prices and promotions when you book.
While the waves and views are limitless on a Royal Caribbean cruise, so are your drink options. Whether you’re indulging in a paid beverage or sipping on a complimentary one, there’s a drink ready to accompany every moment of your journey. Cheers! 🍹🚢
Private Island Options on Royal Caribbean Cruises
Royal Caribbean offers a plethora of experiences on their private island destinations. The islands are designed to make your cruise vacation even more special, with unique attractions, pristine beaches, and a diverse range of dining venues to cater to every palate.
Perfect Day at CocoCay
Nestled in the heart of The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay is Royal Caribbean’s exclusive private island. It boasts a mix of thrilling adventures and relaxing beaches, ensuring everyone has their ideal day out.
This island paradise offers more than just exciting shore excursions and the North Star Observation Pod; it’s also home to a variety of dining venues, each delivering delicious culinary experiences.
- Solarium Bistro: An intimate dining venue, where guests can indulge in an array of dishes crafted with finesse.
- Jamie’s Italian: This specialty restaurant is one of Royal Caribbean’s popular dining spots. Enjoy Jamie Oliver’s authentic Italian dishes amidst the beauty of CocoCay.
- Chops Grille: Another specialty restaurant, Chops Grille offers an upscale steakhouse experience with cuts cooked to perfection.
The quality and variety of food at CocoCay are truly commendable. From delectable appetizers to mouth-watering mains, the dining options are as diverse as they are delicious. If you’ve opted for the unlimited dining package on your Royal Caribbean app, you’ll be spoiled for choice.
Located on the beautiful coast of Haiti, Labadee is another of Royal Caribbean’s private destinations. Apart from its vibrant splashaway bay, rock climbing wall, and zip line, Labadee offers an impressive selection of dining venues for its guests.
- Dragon’s Cafe: A prominent choice among guests, this eatery offers a spread of both local and international cuisines.
- Labadee Luc’s BBQ: Experience authentic Caribbean barbeque with a backdrop of Labadee’s scenic views.
- Columbus Cafe: A haven for coffee lovers, this café also boasts a menu of fresh sandwiches and pastries.
Labadee ensures that every guest, whether they’re visiting for the first cruise or the tenth, gets to relish high-quality food. Every bite reflects the care and precision of the chefs, making dining in Labadee an unforgettable experience.
Both locations reiterate Royal Caribbean’s commitment to delivering an exceptional cruise experience, with top-notch amenities and unmatched dining offerings. If you’re planning your cruise vacation with Royal Caribbean, be sure not to miss these private island gems.
Royal Caribbean stands out in the vast sea of cruise lines by offering an unparalleled gastronomic journey. With an impressive array of both complimentary and specialty dining venues, every meal promises a delightful exploration of flavors. From the bustling buffets of the Windjammer Cafe to the refined atmospheres of their specialty restaurants, there’s a plate for every palate.
Additionally, their private islands, CocoCay and Labadee, take the dining experience to a whole new level with their unique offerings. To truly savor the essence of your Royal Caribbean cruise vacation, it’s highly encouraged to delve into both the inclusive and premium options. Let your culinary curiosities run wild and enhance your cruising experience one bite at a time!
Do you get food included on a Royal Caribbean cruise?
Yes, a Royal Caribbean cruise offers an expansive selection of food that’s included in the base fare. Guests can enjoy complimentary meals at venues such as the main dining room, Windjammer Cafe, and several grab-and-go coffee shops and pool deck eateries. From breakfast to dinner, there’s a delightful array of choices ensuring that cruisers can indulge in a diverse culinary experience throughout their journey. But what if your plans change and you need to cancel? Not to worry—Royal Caribbean has a cancellation policy in place.
Does Royal Caribbean charge extra for food?
While a significant amount of food is included in your Royal Caribbean cruise fare, there are specialty dining options that come with an additional cost. These specialty restaurants, such as Jamie’s Italian and Chops Grille, offer unique and upscale dining experiences. Additionally, certain onboard cafes and dessert outlets might charge for specific items. It’s advisable to check the pricing before dining to avoid surprises.
Is Royal Caribbean cruise all inclusive?
Royal Caribbean cruises are not entirely all-inclusive. While the fare includes most meals, entertainment, and several activities onboard, there are expenses that aren’t covered. Alcoholic beverages, specialty restaurants, spa services, shore excursions, and certain onboard activities often come at an extra charge. Additionally, packages for drinks, internet, and specialty dining can be purchased to enhance the cruise experience.
Is food still free on cruises?
Yes, the majority of food on cruises, including those on Royal Caribbean, is free and included in the cruise fare. Guests can enjoy a variety of meals and snacks at multiple complimentary dining venues onboard. From buffets to main dining rooms and quick snack outlets, there’s always something to satiate one’s appetite. However, specialty dining restaurants and certain exclusive menu items might come at an additional cost.